Honey Chicken with Cashews
Ryan and I made this dish tonight and it turned out great in our new wok! We've been trying to make new HEALTHY recipes since I started weight watchers. I also start coaching tomorrow every evening form 6:00 - 9:00 pm so I have to bring dinner with me. This one will be great left over.
3/4 c low sodium chicken broth
2 T reduced sodium soy sauce
2 T corn starch
1 1/2 T Honey
1 Pound chicken cut into pieces
1/8 t salt
2 Garlic cloves minced
2 red bell peppers cut into strips
3/4 c unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
2 c thin whole wheat pasta
1. Prepare all ingredients (everything cooks fast in the wok)
2. Start boiling water (for pasta)
3. whisk together broth, soy sauce, corn starch, and honey in a small bowl.
4. Sprinkle chicken with salt to taste
5. Spray wok with non-stick spray over high heat until a drop of water sizzles.
6. Stir-fry chicken until browned, about 3 minutes.
7. Add garlic and stir-fry for an additional minute. Then, transfer chicken to a plate.
8. Add bell peppers and stir-fry until tender, about 4 minutes. Return chicken to wok and add cashews. Stir-fry one more minute.
9. Add broth and stir-fry until mixture bubbles and thickens, about 2 minutes.
10. Serve over spaghetti.
4 Servings (1 cup chicken mixture & 1/2 cup pasta)
Weight Watchers Points: 8