NYE 2014 - Seafood Feast!
Happy New Year Everyone! Tonight we are spending time with our family and cooking up a seafood feast! Normally, I try to keep things healthy but a few things on this menu are not... BUT as long as you don't eat too much, it's okay to indulge every once and a while!
The first thing I am making are Crab Puffs. This recipe I got from my 2nd Cousin and they are so amazing you will love them!
1. 12 Bay's English Muffins (I wouldn't substitute for other english muffins, they do not turn out quite as yummy)
2. 2 - 5oz cans of Kraft Old English Cheese
3. 2 cans of white crab meat
4. 2 t garlic powder
5. 2 t mayonnaise
6. 1 stick butter
Mix all ingredients together. Spread mixture on each english muffin (as if you were spreading butter to eat it!) Don't be shy with the mixture. Then, quarter each half and put all of the pieces onto a baking sheet. Cook for 15-20 minutes at 400.
This recipe yields 96 pieces! I cut it in half for tonight since I am bringing multiple dishes. The best thing about this appetizer is that you can make it and either put it in the refrigerator or in the freezer and cook it later.
Lobster Mac & Cheese:
This recipe I made up and it turned out GREAT!
1. 2 T Butter
2. 2 T all purpose flour
3. 1 (14 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
4. 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
5. 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
6. 2/3 cup milk (i always use almond milk but you can use whatever you prefer!)
7. a pinch of ground black pepper
8. 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
9. 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (can be omitted or amount can be changed to your liking)
10. 8 oz lobster meat cut into chunks
11. 4 cups elbow macaroni pasta, cooked
12. 2 Tablespoons hopped fresh parsley
1. Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, Cut lobster meat in to chunks, about 1/4 inch pieces.
3. Melt butter in a large non-stick skilled over medium-high heat. Add flour and cook, stirring consistently until mixture is a golden color, about 1 - 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until mixture bubbles, about 3 minutes.
4. Add cheddar, milk, parmesan, italian seasoning, pepper, and red pepper flakes; cook and stir until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Add macaroni and lobster and stir until mixed well.
5. Top dish with parsley and serve.
I put my dish into a pyrex after step 4. Since we had to travel a ways for our party we re-heated the mac & cheese when we got there. I kept the dish in my refrigerator for a few hours and it still tasted amazing after we re-heated it.
1. Stir mixture
2. Top with a little extra cheese if you want!
3. Bake at 375 for 15 - 20 minutes.
Next time I make this dish I think I am going to top the dish with breadcrumbs and more cheese to make it more of a baked dish that is nice and crunchy and cheesy!
I made this dish because I got my very first food processor for christmas and I REALLY wanted to use it! This dish is very easy and doesn't take very long to make. About 20 minutes to prepare.
Depending on how many people your are cooking for and how many other appetizers you have, you may want to 1/2 this recipe. Although, i'm not sure how well wonton wrappers keep after the package is open. I bought mine frozen so i'm sure they could go in an air tight bag and back in the freezer. Don't quote me on that though.
- 1/2 pound of shrimp (any size will do) cooked and deveined.
- 4 scallions chopped coursley
- 2 tablespoons of chopped water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon of fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg white
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (for dipping sauce)