Get Fit Tip Tuesday: DRINK MORE WATER (read for some tips how)!!
I feel like everyone knows they need to drink more water, but the struggle is how!
I am a high school math teacher, so I live the struggle of not having time to drink water throughout the day. I'm either teaching (able to sip maybe twice a period) or running around helping students too busy to even remember to drink water.
I was doing a so well staying hydrated over the summer and once school started I was drinking less and less & definitely feeling it! I was exhausted at the end of the day and had a horrible headache in the evening.
Here are some ways I've increased my water intake:
- Finish a glass of water before I take a shower
- Finish a glass of water with my breakfast
- Drink a 16 oz water bottle on my way to work
- Drink 2 - 24 oz water bottles (with ice so not fully 24 oz) throughout the work day (this one is the hardest)
- Drink 1 24 oz water bottle (with ice so not fully 24 oz) with dinner
- Drink 1 24 oz water bottle (with ice so not fully 24 oz) after dinner but before bed
They say to drink "half your body weight" in oz of water each day. I think that is a great place to start. I've come to realize that I need more than that! I shoot for about 70%-80% of my body weight in ounces.
The other struggle people have is that they don't really like water....I LOVE WATER so I don't understand you people. There are few things better than an ice cold glass of water (beer maybe) but that's beside the point.
10 Ingredients to add to spice up your water:
SO - set goals, travel with a water bottle, and start early!!!