Biscuits and Gravy Recipe | Better Than a Restaurant
I am not lying when I say that these are better than a restaurant! I absolutely love biscuits and gravy and get them all the time out at restaurants. Every time I get them, I think about how they’re just not quite as good as mine :) This is a great weekend breakfast and I hope you enjoy!
The following post contains affiliate links. Crafting the Good Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
So, first I want to confess something. We made AMAZING homemade biscuits from scratch. We really loved them! However, they were wayyyy to much work. Next time, we will definitely buy pre-made or try to find an easier yet delicious recipe! The recipe was from our favorite new cookbook - The Science of Good Cooking. I highly recommend it!!
Better-than-a-Restaurant Biscuits and Gravy
Makes: 6 Servings (2 biscuits each)
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 12 Biscuits
- Prepare oven to bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. About 7 minutes. When it is fully cooked, place in a bowl and set to the side.
- Cook biscuits according to package directions.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium/low heat. Stir in flour and cook until it is a light golden brown. About one minute.
- Whisk in milk slowly, one cup at a time until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer on low until the gravy starts to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- WhilStir in sausage and let simmer for a few more minutes until gravy is of desired consistency. Add more salt/pepper to your liking!
- Pour over warm biscuits and enjoy!