Chicken Fajita Bowls | Easy and Healthy Recipe | 30 Minute Dinner
I'm always experimenting with new recipes/ideas and most of them are just average. This recipe turned out better than I thought it would! It was great and easy and I highly recommend it! It's a great and easy meal that is also good leftover! It can be used for lunch or dinner depending on your mood.
We find that rice is best when cooked in a rice cooker. We have this one and we use it all the time for rice and steaming veggies!
Chicken Fajita Bowls
Makes: 2-4 Servings
- 2 Chicken Breast, Grilled
- 1.5 Long Grain Rice, Uncooked
- 1 Green Pepper,Thinly Sliced
- 1 Red Pepper,Thinly Sliced
- 1 Red Onion,Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Fajita Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mexican Cheese
- Cook Rice in the Rice Cooker, about 30 minutes. Or use the stove-top and follow directions on the packaging.
- While rice cooks, heat up the grill. Season chicken with salt and pepper and put chicken on the grill when it is warmed up. Cook for about 8 minutes persode, or until fully cooked through.
- Slice Peppers and Onion.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and add peppers and onions to the saute pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add fajita seasoning and chicken to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Serve over rice, top with cheese, and enjoy!