Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops | Healthy and Quick Dinner Recipe
Growing up we had pork chops quite often…but I never really liked them. It wasn’t that I didn’t like them, I was just never impressed. The hubs was always a fan of Pork Chops so we made them a few times and agreed that there had to be away to make them better. Well, after much experimentation, we found a delicious, flavorful, healthy, and quick way to cook up these bad boys! Just grab your cast iron skillet and get ready to fall in love with pork chops all over again :)
The following post contains affiliate links. Crafting the Good Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The main reason these turn out so incredibly delicious and moist is the cooking method. You NEED a cast iron pan. If you don’t have one, I promise you won’t regret your purchase. We have this one and love it!
I always make sure we have a green vegetable with our dinner and the asparagus paired perfectly. I also make the actual best mashed potatoes...but I don’t have the recipe on the blog because it’s definitely a “wing it” type situation… Maybe one day I’ll figure out how much of everything I put in :)
Cast Iron Skillet - Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
Makes: 2 Servings
- 2 Bone-in Pork Chops
- 1/2 Cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Egg
- 2-3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Place 3 bowls on your counter. Fill one with flour, one with the beaten egg, and one with bread crubms mixed with parmesan cheese.
- Heat 2 Tbsp EVOO in the skillet over medium-high heat and add in minced garlic for about one minute. Then, move garlic to the side of the pan, it's purpose is just to flavor the oil.
- Dip each pork chop in flour, then egg, then bread crumb mixture to cover all sides.
- Place pork chops in skillet and cook 4 minutes per side.
- Place skillet in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, until pork chops reach 145-150 degrees.
- Serve with your favorite veggies!
I hope you enjoy! Comment below if you make it!!