Easy Chorizo Breakfast Skillet | Paleo - Whole30 - Gluten Free Recipe
As promised, I am sharing my Paleo/Whole30/Gluten Free ish recipes! I have a similar recipe already up on the blog, but I can't eat the same thing every single day. I mean, I might be able too lol but it's good to have some variety!
This dish would be much better if I was able to top with some eggs. Since I'm still nursing and my daughter is allergic so I can't have them. But if I were you, I'd probably throw some on top!
This is an easy recipe and is extremely difficult to mess up! The only kitchen supply you need is a large skillet (like this one) that can be covered. It takes about 30 ish minutes from start to finish and is just as good leftover.
I can get about 6 servings from this but easily could make it into 4 lol This time, I split the dish immediately into different containers so they were pre-portioned and ready to go for the next 3 days! You could also use this as a dinner recipe, then eat leftovers for breakfast or lunch for the following day. It doesn't have to be suck to breakfast!
Easy Chorizo Breakfast Skillet
Makes: 6 Servings
- 1 lb Chorizo
- 2 Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 yellow potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- Mexican Cheese (optional)
- Heat a large skillet on medium and cook chorizo until fully cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- While chorizo is cooking, cut potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. They cook faster if they're smaller :)
- Remove chorizo and place in a bowl off to the side.
- Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil and potatoes to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let cook until almost soft, about 8-10 minutes. Stir often.
- While potatoes cook, prep peppers and onion.
- After about 10 minutes, add peppers and onion to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until soft, about 8-10 minutes more.
- Add chorizo back into the skillet and cook for a few more minutes. You should stop when veggies are your desired texture.
- Optional: Top with mexican cheese or eggs cooked your favorite way