Chicken & Avocado Salad with Lemon Dressing| Healthy Lunch Recipe
So I have started my healthy eating quest. I've been putting it off, but now that I'm 8.5 months post-baby it is absolutely time! I'm working on focusing on real, whole foods and somewhat paleo/whole30 but I don't like to do anything extreme. I like to enjoy my food and cooking it, so I have to do what is best for me! I also refuse to sacrifice flavor, taste, or satiety. Like, I know that corn isn't the healthiest thing I can eat, but it gives this dish such a good flavor and texture. I know it's better than me eating a bagel or fries, so it's a step in the right direction. I'm all about small steps in the forward :)
I saw one of those recipe videos on Facebook and was inspired to make this one. I had most of the ingredients already which was a plus :) I also think that this would be a ton of fun to play around with. You could try making a Cajun seasoning for it! The hubs feels the same way. Don't worry, I will share any variations that we come up with!
I ate it for lunch and it kept me full until dinner. To me, that's a sign of a good lunch!
Chicken & Avocado Salad with Lemon Dressing
Makes: 2-3 Servings
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Italian Seasoning to Taste
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Ears Corn on the Cob
- 2 Tbsp Green Onion
- 6 Slices of Bacon
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add chicken. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning. Cook chicken until no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Remove from pan and place in a large bowl.
- While chicken cooks, cook bacon in a separate skillet. Let cool and then crumble.
- While the chicken cooks, boil water. Once water is boiling, add corn and cover. Let water return to a boil, then turn off heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Once corn is cooked, cut of kernels and add to a large bowl.
- Mix lemon juice and 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil in a small dish.
- Add chicken, diced avocado, corn, green onion, and crumbled bacon in a large bowl. Cover in dressing, to your taste.
- Put cast-iron pan into the oven and bake for about 7 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Mix together and Enjoy!