Chicken Pasta with Homemade Pesto | 15 Minute Dinner
Summer means fresh basil. Fresh basil means all.of.the.pesto!!!! I love pesto so much and it gives such a great flavor to any pasta, pizza, or sandwich. One of my favorite things to make is this Pesto Chicken Pasta that literally takes only 15 minutes.
You know I love me a quick recipe! You will need a food processor for this recipe, so grab yourself one! You won't regret it :)
The key to making dinner quickly is making your items simultaniously. It's not difficult here because pasta takes no effort and the chicken just needs to be flipped once. So, it shouldn't be too stressful. But if it is, make the pesto first. Then, start the pasta and cook the chicken. It's okay if it takes you 25 minutes instead of 15...it's not really a race lol
I use fresh basil from my garden, but they definitely sell it at the store! Basil is one of my favorite things we grow over the summer because we get so much and I make so much pesto! It is so good on pasta, pizza, or sandwiches. You can also take the pesto and freeze it in an ice cube tray and use it later. It's a great way to keep it in the months when your basil doesn't grow. Since a little goes a long way, the ice cube tray makes nice little portions for other uses.
Pesto Chicken Pasta
Makes: 2-4 Servings
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Walnuts
- 1-3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Dash Lemon Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Box Penne Pasta (whatever kind you like)
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Boil water and cook pasta accodring to package directions.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and lemmon pepper.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a saute pan and add chicken. Cook about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked fully through.
- While the chicken and pasta are cooking, add basil, water, parmesan cheese, walnuts, 2 Tbsp olive oil, garlic, lemon pepper, and salt to the food processor. Mix unilt fully combined, about one minute.
- When chicken is done, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Drain noodles. Then, add them back into the pot with the chicken and pesto and comibine.