Sausage and Peppers | Healthy Paleo/Whole30/Clean Eating Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner
Looking for an EASY and DELICIOUS meal that won’t kill your diet? This paleo/whole30/clean eating whatever you want to say dish is perfect. It is simple with 4 ingredients and you are guaranteed to love it. The best part is that you can have it for any meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
This is my FAVORITE go-to meal that I've actually been using more as a breakfast recipe these days! It's a one pan meal and doesn't take too long to make! The recipe gets the majority of it’s flavor from salt and pepper, so don’t be shy! Really use it when the directions say :)
The other amazing thing about this recipe is that it can be made for any meal. I’ve had it for breakfast (top with eggs) and leftover for lunch. It really does transform really well. We often make it ahead on a Sunday so we have lunch ready for a few days during the week!
You really don’t need anything special - just a large skillet with a top :) (Like this one)
Skillet Sausage and Peppers
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 lb Yellow Potatoes (about 4-5)
- 2 Green Peppers, Chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Onion, Chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1-1.5 lb Mild Italian Sausage, Sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- Salt and Pepper
- T Tbsp Olive Oil
- Mexican Cheese
- Prep Vegetables. I like to slice the potatoes first, into 1/2 inch slices, then chop each slice into about 6 pieces (one cut length wise and 2 cuts width wise)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, covered, until they are mostly soft (about 7 - 9 minutes).
- Add green pepper and onion to skillet and cover. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until they start to soften. Stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sausage to the pan and cook about 5-10 minutes until it is cooked fully through. Don’t stir right away, wait a few minutes before you do so the sausage can start to cook. Season with salt and pepper one last time.
- Top with Cheese and serve warm!